Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Best Find EVER (this month!)

I ventured into the local dollar store this week and found $1 Krylon spray paint... SWEET! They had several colors including celery green, a bright yellow, light blue, and a couple others. I picked up 4 greens and 2 yellows.





This same paint is normal like $3-4 dollars so this is really a steal. Especially because I have been on a huge painting kick lately (as in this week). After loving the green I am going back tomorrow to get several more cans.

I used 2.5 cans of green on a furniture piece I picked up at a garage sale for $20. Here is the before picture (I had already taken some drawers out before I remembered to take a picture).




And a close of up the detail on the furniture piece:

And a sneak peek of it partially painted.



I am planing to glaze it once its painted up. My goal is to have it done and put in my room before Easter. More pics to come soon!


Conroe peeps - I totally recommend stocking up on some of this paint if you have a crafty hair on your head. I got it from the King Dollar on HWY 105 E headed towards Cleveland (its on the east side of 45, past downtown Conroe. The paint is above the cashier. They also had EVOO -extra virgin olive oil - when I went but I heard from Denise at The Rowdy Ramsdens there were only a couple bottles left. It would be worth a look if you stop by though!

No comments:

Post a Comment