Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

29 Weeks :: Comparison

29 weeks and going strong

12ish(?) years ago, my 29-week pregnant cousin-in-law, Sara, gave birth to twins, a girl and a boy.  At 11 weeks early, both were tiny miracles but with God's grace they were able to develop into strong and healthy kids.  Today they are still going strong and are healthy, smart, and overall, remarkable pre-teens.  

It's amazing to me that I am at the same point in my pregnancy that Sara was when she had the twins.  It really puts my own pregnancy into perspective.  I am grateful for each day Baby Whimsy gets to stay inside of me to grow stronger and I pray she gets the full 40 weeks to develop in the womb... that being said I understand God's timing is best so we rely on it.

Hafner girls with Baby Whimsy at 29 weeks

That all beings said, at my most recent Dr.'s appointment, I was told everything looked and sounded great.  The baby (at least my bump) is developing as expected and Baby Whimsy has a good strong heartbeat.  I was told her activity would only increase as she grew bigger... I am not sure that is possible though!  She seems to be a gymnast...or karate kid... in the making.  More on that next post!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Lindsey you look amazing pregnant! I was waiting to see that baby bump! I'm glad you finally posted a picture. Happy 29 weeks!

    ReplyDelete